Guest researchers

You are interested in visiting the Heidelberg University of Education as a guest researcher for a certain period of time? We look forward to welcome you! Please contact our International Office.

Regulations for researchers from EU countries

Post-Doctoral guest Researchers can, limited in ime, work at the University within the Framework of an international cooperation. One has to file an application at the faculty to the rectorate for inclusion as another employee at the University, according to the constitution §2, section 3, clause 10. The scholastic value for the University must be outlined in the application. The guest Researchers have to be dedicated to an Institute and matched with a responsible lecturer. A non-disclosure Agreement regarding data privacy has to be signed.

Regulations for researchers from non-EU countries

Since May 2012 the Heidelberg University of Education has been accredited as a state-recognized research institution by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF). This means it can enter into a hosting agreement with non-EU guest researchers to simplify and speed up the entry procedure. The new EU research visa simplifies and shortens the processing time for the visa. The basis is the new EU research guideline. It makes it easier for universities across Europe to accept researchers from non-EU countries.

You can find more information on the hosting agreement on the homepage of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) and in den Flyer of the BAMF (see quicklinks on the right).