Jeanette Roos, Prof. Dr. rer. nat., Dipl. Psych.
University of Education
Faculty I. - Institute of Psychology
- 1977 Abitur at high school Albertus-Magnus in Viernheim (“A-Levels”)
- 1978 – 1979 Study of education with a minor in sociology and psychology, University J. W. Goethe in Frankfurt
- 1979 – 1984 Study of psychology, University of Mannheim
- 1979 Intermediate diploma in education, University J. W. Goethe in Frankfurt
- 1980 Intermediate diploma in psychology, University of Mannheim
- 1984 Diploma in psychology, University of Mannheim
- Subject of diploma thesis: “Experimental study about resistance of a label, related to alteration as an extension of labeling-approach with the theory of hypothesis in social perception“
- 1987 Doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.) on University Trier, Faculty I.
- Subject of dissertation thesis: “The progress in attribution of complex emotions showing by the emotion of embarrassment as an example. An examination at age 6 to 11 years“
- 1984 Research associate on J. W. Goethe University in Frankfurt Cooperating in DFG-Science-Project: Development of perception
- 1984 – 1987 Doctoral scholarship of the Foundation Volkswagenwerk, which supported junior academics in developmental psychology at University of Trier
- 1987 – 1989 Research associate, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Clinical Centre of the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg
- 1989 – 1990 Academic assistant (C1), Institute of Psychology, Technical University of Darmstadt
- 1990 – 1998 Research associate, then as of 1991 academic assistant (C1) in discipline Psychology, Department for Culture and Development, University of Saarland
- Since 1998 Professor of Psychology, Faculty I., Institute of Psychology University of Education in Heidelberg
Additional Trainings in Psychotherapy
- 1982 – 1983 Training in conversational therapy (certificate A)
- 1989 – 1993 Qualification to family and systems therapist at IGST Heidelberg
- Childhood through the ages
- Development of written language and reeading (at elementary and secondary school)
- Transitions in educational system (kindergarten/primary – secondary education)
- Language development
- Language support in the kindergarten (evaluation study)
- Development in adolescence
- Development of complex emotions, with a special focus on embarrassment, shame and guilt
- Moral development
- Psychology in pedagogical working fields, with special focus on early or elementary education and school
- Developmental psychology
- Research methods, diagnosis and evaluation (quality assurance and development)
- Intervention and counseling
- Health psychology / health promotion
- Implementation into scientific work
Current Research Projects
Project "Early childhood in the course of time"
Since April 2018; in cooperation with Prof. Dr. Christina Gathmann (Economics), Prof. Dr. Katja Patzer-Mattern (Social History) und Prof. Dr. Sabina Pauen (Psychology) – all from University of Heidelberg | Supported by Kolleg Marsilius, Heidelberg.
Further information: www.marsilius-kolleg.uni-heidelberg.de/projekte/kiwa/
How picture books can be utilised by children in managing the transition to the elementary school – The reception of picture books and transition-related emotions. Perspectives of parents and educational professionals are also taken into account. Since May 2017; in cooperation with Prof. Dr. Karin Vach und Dr. Stephen Frank | Supported within the research funding program of the University of Education, Heidelberg
Projekt "QUASI Heidelberg"
New funding period from July 2017 to July 2019 | Funded by the city Heidelberg
Project QUASI Heidelberg offers educational professionals working in day care centers since 2006 self-developed, scientifically substantiated further and advanced training courses, referred to a large scale of issues in early and elementary education, with special focus on the needs and requirements in day care centers.
Further information: www.ph-heidelberg.de/projekt-quasi/aktuelles.html
- Married, two children (Maximilian born 1992, Octavia born 1996)